Difficulty:Degree E = hikers
Min altitude:1029 m
Max altitude:1040 m
Rifugio Larcher al Cevedale m. 2608
- Itinerary description: Suggestive landscape characterized by the majestic peaks covered with snow of Cevedale, Palon de la Mare, Rosole and Vioz, and by the Alpine lakes.
- Area: Gruppo Cevedale; Stelvio National Park
- Starting point and Arrival: Peio Paese 1579 m.
- Uphill difference in height: 1029 m.
- Downhill difference in height: 1040 m.
- Duration: 2 days.
First stage: From Peio Paese (1579 m.) you climb to the overhanging Dosso di San Rocco, where you enter the path n. 105 toRifugio Mantova al Vioz. Run along this path till the junction, in Gaggio, (in the ENEL building nearby), and enter the path n. 127 which runs along the mountain foot. As you arrive to Malga Mare the hydroelectric power station ( that you can reach by car too - 10 km - from Cogolo), enter the path n. 102 and go uphill to Pian Venezia and eventually to Rifugio Larcher al Cevedale, where the first stage ends.
Second stage: From Rifugio Larcher, along the path n. 123, go uphill to the overhanging valleys to start the lakes tour, that you will meet as follow: Lago Marmotte, Lago Lungo, Lago Nero, Lago del Careser (hydroelectric reservoir). From Careser, always along the path n. 123, go downhill several hairpin bends to Malga Mare where, through the outward journey, you can go back to Peio Paese.