Alta Badia is a paradise for those who love ski touring: snow-covered slopes, ascents to the peaks, splendid views and exciting descents, to be discovered with itineraries to do alone or with Alta Badia's mountain guides, who are always available for advice and suggestions.
Two excursions to try with ski mountaineering are the Val Mezdí in the Sella Group and the descent from Valparola to Armentarola.
The Val Mezdí in the Sella Group
- Altitude at departure: 2950 m
- Altitude at arrival: 1645 m
- Vertical drop: 1450 m
- Difficulty: moderate
- Time: 1 hour climb and approx. 45 minutes for the Val Mezdí downhill
From the Valparola pass to Armentarola
- Altitude at departure: 2168 m
- Altitude at arrival: 1621 m
- Vertical drop: 700 m
- Difficulty: easy
- Time: 20 minutes approx. for the climb and 20 minutes for the descent
- Departure: Valparola pass