Until few years ago the castle belonged to the family Thun, but nowadays it belongs to the Autonomous Province of Trent. The castle lies on a hill and distinguishes for its imposing walls, the corner towers and the moat with the drawbridge. Partly visitable.
Lucky people who can admire from above Castel Thun, in Vigo di Ton, can better describe its imposing shape with the walls 20 m tall, spaced out by heavy square towers. The castle had been residence of one of the nobles families in the area.
The actual shape of the palace is dated back to the XVI century, when the original medieval building was restored. The castle counts 150 rooms, to say nothing about the vaults and the cellars directly excavated on the stone.
The castle keeps in its rooms wonderful decorations and superb ancient furniture among which there are the "Ladies' Room ", the globe room, the spinet room and the ancestors' room completely covered with family pictures. Saint George chapel still keeps precious frescoes of the first years of the XV century.
Nowadays the castle belongs to the Autonomous Province of Trent and is open to the public.
Reduced: 6.00€ (People aged of 65 years and over, groups of visitors, recognised as such by the museum, comprising at least 15 paying visitors, associates or members of public and private organisations recognised by the museum)
Redueced Young (Visitors aged 15 to 26 years old): 5.00€
Opening times 2021
- From Tuesday 19th January to Sunday 14th February: CLOSED
- From Tuesday 16 February to Sunday 28 March open only on Saturday and Sunday from 9.30 to 17.00
- From Tuesday 30 March to Friday 30 April open from Tuesday to Sunday from 9.30 to 17.00
- From Saturday 1st May to Sunday 7th November open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00 to 18.00
- From Tuesday 9 November 2021 to Saturday 30 April 2022: open only Saturday and Sunday from 9.30am - 5.00pm
Closed on Mondays except holidays, December 25th and January 1st
- from Saturday 18 December to Sunday 9 January 2022 open from Tuesday to Sunday from 9.30 to 17.00
- public holidays: Monday 5 April, Monday 1 November, Monday 6 December, and every Monday from 2 to 30 August.
For further information
Vigo di Ton - Valle di Non
Tel. +39 0461 492829