The Christmas Market in Bressanone is one of the most lively and charming moments of the year. The market is organized in Piazza Duomo, among the cathedral, the parish church of S. Michele. The decorated stands offer a wide range of Christmas articles and gift ideas.
Wonderful decorations and handicrafts are exhibited in 37 stands: wooden statues, candles, glass balls and angels... The city is pervaded by a sweet scent of mulled wine, cinnamon and cakes. In the welcoming bars, coffee houses and restaurants, you can taste many typical dishes of Valle Isarco, such as gulasch soup, barley soup and the famous Tirtln, or cakes such as doughnuts, apple or blueberry pancakes and Buchteln with vanilla cream. All this while you listen to music bands, choirs and street musicians playing Christmas carols.
The Nativity scene is also worth seeing: in Bressanone, this tradition is 800 years old! In the Diocesan museum you can admire one of the biggest and most famous collections of nativity scenes..
The Christmas Market of Bressanone rated 9 place on CNN's list of the world's most beautiful Christmas Markets.
Opening times of the Brixen Christmas Market 2023/2024
- Monday - Thursday: 11.00 - 19.00
- Friday - Sunday & Public Holidays: 10.00 - 19.00
Food & gastronomic booths:
- Monday - Thursday: 11.00 - 20.30
- Friday - Saturday: 10.00 - 21.00
- Sunday & public holidays: 10.00 - 20.30
- Gastronomic evenings: 23.11. (opening market), 08.12. & 23.12. until 10 pm
Special opening days:
- 24.12.2023 & 31.12.2023: 10.00 - 16.00
- 01.01.2024: 12.00 - 19.00
- 06.01.2024: 10.00 - 18.00
The market will be closed on 25 December
Opening Brixen Christmas Market
Additional information: APT Bressanone, (+39) 0472 275 252