From the materials to their use, the ascent route, the descent technique and self-rescue, this is a fantastic opportunity to get to grips with this wonderful activity.
Materials and their use, hints on self-rescue with short tests of simulation of search buried by avalanche, short climb (max 500 meters of altitude difference) with hints on climbing techniques and subsequent descent.
Technique of ascent and subsequent descent to a peak or pass in the Dolomites (max. 750 metres altitude difference), snow conditions, choice of ascent route, rules of conduct.
- Well-developed programme
- Mountain guide available for 6 hours of training over 2 days
- Technical equipment included: shovel, arva and probe
- Medical/Luggage Insurance
Not included in the price: all material necessary for the course (possible to rent on site), meals, drinks, accommodation
Days: Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday
Every day from 09.00 a.m. to 03.00 p.m. approx.
Ability to ski on a red slope is required
The following equipment is required for the course:
- poles, skis, bindings and ski touring boots with sealskins (to be hired locally)
- down jacket or similar
- wind/rain jacket or similar
- technical trousers
- wool cap or headband
- gloves and/or mittens (possibly 2 pairs)
- high protection glasses (at least protection 3, preferably 4)
- sun cream
- food and drink (thermos recommended)