The Passo Resia holiday area is a popular destination for bikers who have access to many routes through mountain passes and side valleys. Starting from Lake Resia you can also reach Austria or Switzerland.
Among the most popular routes are those that lead into the Silvretta range, in the horrid Samnaun gorge, on the Passo Rombo and, obviously, the Stelvio Pass road with 48 hairpin bends, or those that lead from Resia to Dobbiaco, or the evocative one, always starting from Resia and arriving in Merano. Most of these motorbike routes can be done in one day.
Passo Resia motorbike vacation itineraries:
- the Stelvio Pass Road: it's the highest pass in Italy. Its road is 49 kilometers long and, on the South Tyrolean side, it has 48 hairpin bends; it's considered the queen of the alpine roads and because of its features is very popular with motorcyclists and cyclists;
- the Motoalps Tour to discover the area's culture, 918 kilometers, 15 hours and 30 minutes, medium/difficult: this route allows you to get to know the history and culture of South Tyrol, Austria, and Switzerland. A trip in three stages, starting from Val Venosta, touching Merano, Bolzano, Vipiteno, Innsbruck, Garmisch, Imst, Tyrolean Oberland, Samnaun, the canton of Grisons, Taraspo, the Albula Pass, the Bernina Pass, Livigno, Bormio, and Glorenza;
- the Mega tour of the 6 passes, 419 kilometers, 7 hours of travel and high difficulty: Passo Resia, Passo delle Palade, Passo della Mendola, Passo di Pennes, Passo del Giovo, and Passo del Rombo;
- tour of the Three Countries, 175 kilometers, 3 hours of travel, medium difficulty: departure in Austria from Pfunds, passing into Switzerland in the Swiss National Park to the Passo del Forno and return to Italy, first to Glurns, then to Sluderno, Malles, Passo Resia, and Pfunds;
- Swiss passes and dreamy hairpin bends in Italy, 294 kilometers, 5 hours, medium/high difficulty: Nauders, Susio, Flüela Pass, Davos, Schmitten, Albula Pass, Pontresina, Bernina Pass, Livigno, Foscagno Pass, Bormio, Passo dello Stelvio, Passo dell'Umbrail, Tubre, Glorenza, Curon Venosta, Passo Resia, and back to Nauders.