Bethlehem, Lampedusa and Sweden meet here
If you want to experience a special Christmas, made of solidarity and traditions from different cultures, the town of Rovereto, with its Christmas market called "The Christmas of peoples", is the right place for you. Taking place from November 25 to December 31, this event has become a tradition going beyond the mere commercial value of the largest part of Christmas Markets. Here you can feel an atmosphere of tradition, friendliness and care for others.
Inspired by the spirit of Rovereto as "City of Peace", the Christmas Market is based on an open, positive and friendly attitude towards other cultures. This year in the market you will find products and traditions from Bethlehem, center of the Christmas celebration par excellence, Lampedusa, Mediterranean meeting point between North Africa and Middle East, and Sweden, land of ancient traditions such as Saint Lucy's Day.
If you want to enjoy the charm of distant cultures and its traditions, just visit the Market, taking place like usual in the old town of Rovereto, where you can admire and buy many original handmade products displayed on the stands: besides the truest artisan traditions and delicacies of Trentino, you will find many gift ideas made from olive-wood and mother-of-pearl from Palestine, Sicilian delicacies, and typical Swedish traditions and sweets.
There are of course also the traditional events, typical of the Christmas Market of Rovereto: shows, exhibits in the town museums, and events dedicated to children. A single ticket grants you entrance to all museums.
Many the events you should not miss:
- Bethlehem nativity scene. St. Mark church will host a nativity scene of the International Nativity Museum of Bethlehem, commissioned by UNESCO. Opening on November 26 at 5 pm
- Celebration of the South with events, local specialties, music and sweets of the Sicilian tradition. From 3 to 10 December in the town center and Piazza Erbe
- Night lights: concert of the St. Nicolai Sångensemble choir of Stockholm along the streets of the town center with arrival in Piazza delle Erbe, where you can taste saffron brioches, spiced biscuits, glögg and other Swedish sweets. Sunday, 18 December, from 5 to 7
The Christmas Market will be open from November 25 to December 31 2011. Closed on December 25
Opening hours: Sunday - Thursday: 10 am -7 pm/Friday - Saturday: 10 am 8 pm
Free shuttle service from Verona (Porta Nuova station, bus stop). By reservation until seats last: tel. 0464 430363
- Wednesday 30 November, 7-14-21 December
Departure 10 am, return from Rovereto 6 pm
- Saturday 26 November, 3-10-17 December and Thursday 8 December
Departure 2 pm, return from Rovereto 6 pm
To enjoy the charm of Christmas in Rovereto, don't miss this offer:
Christmas Tale. Weekend offer from € 96
Information and booking: www.visitrovereto.it/ - 0464 430363