Until few years ago the castle belonged to the family Thun, but nowadays it belongs to the Autonomous Province of Trent. The castle lies on a hill and distinguishes for its imposing walls, the corner towers and the moat with the drawbridge. Partly visitable.
Lucky people who can admire from above Castel Thun, in Vigo di Ton, can better describe its imposing shape with the walls 20 m tall, spaced out by heavy square towers. The castle had been residence of one of the nobles families in the area.
The actual shape of the palace is dated back to the XVI century, when the original medieval building was restored. The castle counts 150 rooms, to say nothing about the vaults and the cellars directly excavated on the stone.
The castle keeps in its rooms wonderful decorations and superb ancient furniture among which there are the "Ladies' Room ", the globe room, the spinet room and the ancestors' room completely covered with family pictures. Saint George chapel still keeps precious frescoes of the first years of the XV century.
Nowadays the castle belongs to the Autonomous Province of Trent and is open to the public.
Reduced: 5.00€ (People aged of 65 years and over, groups of visitors, recognised as such by the museum, comprising at least 15 paying visitors, associates or members of public and private organisations recognised by the museum)
Redueced Young (Visitors aged 15 to 26 years old): 4.00€
Opening times 2018
- From Tuesday 6 November 2017 to Sunday 25 March 2018 opening only on Saturdays and Sundays at 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
- From Tuesday March 27, 2018 to Sunday 29 April 2018 and from Tuesday 30 October 2018 to Sunday 4 November 2018 Opening from Tuesday to Sunday, from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
- From Tuesday 1 May 2018 to Sunday 28 October 2018 opening from Tuesday to Sunday, time 10.00 am - 6.00 am
Special openings 2018
- Monday: April 2, 2018, April 30, 2018, December 24, 2018, December 31, 2018
- From Saturday December 22 2018 to Sunday January 6 2019
Closed on all non-festive Monday, 25 December and 1 January.
For further information
Vigo di Ton - Valle di Non
tel. +39 0461 492829