Until few years ago the castle belonged to the family Thun, but nowadays it belongs to the Autonomous Province of Trent. The castle lies on a hill and distinguishes for its imposing walls, the corner towers and the moat with the drawbridge. Partly visitable.
Lucky people who can admire from above Castel Thun, in Vigo di Ton, can better describe its imposing shape with the walls 20 m tall, spaced out by heavy square towers. The castle had been residence of one of the nobles families in the area.
The actual shape of the palace is dated back to the XVI century, when the original medieval building was restored. The castle counts 150 rooms, to say nothing about the vaults and the cellars directly excavated on the stone.
The castle keeps in its rooms wonderful decorations and superb ancient furniture among which there are the "Ladies' Room ", the globe room, the spinet room and the ancestors' room completely covered with family pictures. Saint George chapel still keeps precious frescoes of the first years of the XV century.
Nowadays the castle belongs to the Autonomous Province of Trent and is open to the public.
Reduced: 5.00€ (People aged of 65 years and over, groups of visitors, recognised as such by the museum, comprising at least 15 paying visitors, associates or members of public and private organisations recognised by the museum)
Redueced Young (Visitors aged 15 to 26 years old): 4.00€
Opening times 2018/2019
- From Tuesday 6 November 2018 to Sunday 24 March 2019 and from Tuesday 5 November 2019 opening only on Saturday and Sunday from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
- From Tuesday, March 26, 2019 to Sunday, May 5, 2019 open Tuesday to Sunday from 9.30am - 5.00pm
- From Tuesday, May 7, 2019 to Sunday, November 3, open Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00 am to 6.00 p
- From Saturday 22 December 2018 to Sunday 6 January 2019, from Saturday 21 December 2019 to Monday 6 January 2020
- Monday: 24 December 2018, 31 December 2018, 22 and 29 April 2019, 23 and 30 December 2019, Monday from 15 July to 2 September 2019.
Closed on all non-festive Monday, 25 December and 1st January.
For further information
Vigo di Ton - Valle di Non
tel. +39 0461 492829