The first document about Belfort Castle is dated 1311, when Henry earl of Tyrol gave to Tirsone of Altenspaur the permission of building a tower to protect and control the Via Nuova, which linked Andalo to Sporeggio, and so the Sarca valley to Trent.
All around the old Tirsoni tower, on the "Malgalo" hill, the castle of Belfort was built. This castle had been ruled by ten different families, among which the most important were the Reifers di Campill. Their last descendant was Cristoforo and was well known for his marriage and his frequent madness attacks.
In 1700 Belfort passed under the Saracens, who built it again according to what remained of its imposing ruins.
Strada Statale, 421 | 38010 Spormaggiore
+39 0461 585836