This is the greatest fortified building not in an urban area in the whole Trentino. It has been the protagonist of many battles such as the Calliano one in 1487 and inspired many legends.
Its architecture is harmonious and can be better admired after the recent restoration. Visits are allowed.
Castle Beseno occupies a wide hill area on the road to Vicenza. With its 16.400 square metres, it is the biggest fortress Trentino and one of the biggest castles in the southern slope of the Central Alps.
The three squares for the cannons and the three imposing towers, the fine "Filandèla" loggia and the fragments of the castle life, testimony the intense activity of the castle in the XVI century. The three medieval cores, which belonged to the fief of the Lords of Beseno, are surrounded by the walls.
As a prince fief in the first years of the XIV century, it was ruled by the Castelbarcos till the next century and eventually passed to the Trapps.
Excellently restored by the Autonomous Province of Trent, which is also the present owner, the castle has become one of the most representative cultural attractions in the whole Alpine arch. It is a wonderful and easy destination of walks (reachable also on foot from the main road in about 20 minutes) for the lovers of nature and of the historical places.
Reduced: 5.00€ (People aged of 65 years and over, groups of visitors, recognised as such by the museum, comprising at least 15 paying visitors, associates or members of public and private organisations recognised by the museum)
Redueced Young (Visitors aged 15 to 26 years old): 4.00€
Opening times 2018
- From Tuesday 6 November 2018 to Sunday 24 March 2019 and from Tuesday 5 November 2019 opening only on Saturday and Sunday: from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
- From Tuesday, March 26, 2019 to Sunday, May 5, 2019 open Tuesday to Sunday: from 9.30am - 5.00pm
- From Tuesday 7 May 2019 to Sunday 3 November, opening from Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
Special openings 2019/2020
- From Saturday 22 December 2018 to Sunday 6 January 2019, from Saturday 21 December 2019 to Monday 6 January 2020
- Monday: 24 December 2018, 31 December 2018, 22 and 29 April 2019, 23 and 30 December 2019.
Closed on all non-festive Monday, 25 December and 1st January.
How to get
Beseno Castle is situated some twenty kilometres from Trento and can be reached by taking S.S.12, heading south from Trento on the left side of the Adige valley until arriving at Besenello. Arriving from the south, the castle is about 10 km north of Rovereto on S.S.12; Beseno Castle is also reachable by S.S.350 that connects the Adige valley with Folgaria.
For further information
Via al Castello, 4 - Besenello (TN)
tel (+39) 0464 834600