Woods, meadows and pastures, besides being a source of income, are above all a natural heritage for all local people, thus trekkers must be very careful when moving around the territory and follow some simple rules:
- Walk at the borders of meadows and pastures to avoid treading on the grass
- Don't damage the enclosures and respect mushrooming regulation
- Small fruits growing in the underbrush are property of the land owner
- Don't destroy poisonous or unknown mushrooms, since they play an important role in the ecosystem of the forests
- Edible mushrooms must be cleaned on site and put into a wicker basket
The perfect time to pick mushrooms depends on the type of mushroom, climate and the latitude of the place where it is. Usually it runs from May to October.