The Christmas Market in Lana, called Thalerhof-Markt, is characterized by a cozy, warm and welcoming atmosphere. It is located in the gorgeously lit pedestrian precinct of the city and can be visited from 30th November to December 31st, in the weekends and on public holidays. Intense and spicy flavors, scents of pine and refined cakes spread around the stands, where you can buy different handicraft and food products. This year's Christmas Market is all about the ancient Christmas Tale Star Dust.
This tale is about the true meaning of Christmas and tells about a girl who gave all that she had to the poor and was thus rewarded by heaven that turned the stars into golden coins. This year the Star Dust girl will walk through the streets of Lana to give children delicious chocolate stars.
Herbs, distillates, delicatessen products and jams, speck, biscuits, honey, Christmas tea, hot apple juice, gingerbread mousse, wooden boxes and figures, precious pottery manufactured by local craftsmen and the particular essence burners shaped like little men smoking a pipe: these are only some of the gift ideas that will not be missing on the stands.
While strolling, you will listen to Christmas carols and admire the particular light of the village: in fact, in Lana you won't find the usual Christmas lights, but an artistic illumination which is unique in South Tyrol and was created by the designer Herward Dunkel.
2019/2020 Lana Christmas Market: program
- The program for the little ones: animation, games, stories, workshops, spark shop where many creative ideas can be realized
- Krampus parade in Lana di Sotto, on 5 December at 5.00 pm and San Nicolò a Lana fashion show, on 6 December at 5.00 pm
- Bricolage at the spark-shop on November 30th, December 14th and 21st from 2pm to 5pm
- Exhibition of cribs: Saturday 14 December 3 pm - 8 pm| Sunday 15 December 9.00 am - 12.00 am and 2 pm - 6 pm | Monday 16 December 9.00 am - 12.00 am
- Art exhibition Women's bodies: December 7th and 8th from 10am to 12pm and from 2pm to 6pm
- Stars above Lana, admire the starry sky at the observatory on December 14 at 8.00 pm (in case of overcast sky the event will not take place)
- Skating in the center of Lana: in Piazza Comunale a skating rink is set up for children who want to have fun while adults do their Christmas shopping with skate rental
- Holy Mass, on the 25th at 17.30 in the church of San Vigilio
- Advent concerts and songs
- New Year's Eve party
30 November, 1st December, from 6 to 8 December, from 13 to 15 December, from 20 to 23 December: 10.00 am - 7.30 pm
December 5th: 3 am - 9 pm
December 24th: 10.00 am - 1.30 pm
December 31st: 10.00 am - 01.00 am
Additional information: APT Lana, (+39) 0473 561770