This sheet of water lies in the bottom of the Val di Landro, few metres before it bifurcates towards Misurina and Cimabanche, 20 km far from Cortina.
- The path of the "Pioneers" 2,45-3,30 hours; sign n. 6; (for expert excursionists: very interesting from an historical point of view) From the Bar Floralpina, through a thin wood, go to the beginning of the path. The climb to the lake, as far as the peak of the Monte Piana is binding, and reaches the middle station of the old military cableway. It goes then uphill along the deep valley north-eastwards.The fastest descent is along the path n. 103, which leads to Val Rinbianco.
- From Val di Landro to Bosi Hut: 3 hours
From the Bar Floralpina, follow the path n. 102, which winds into the Val della Rienza and arrives to the Val Rinbianco. The short diversion to San Marco spur, passing the Rienza, is recommended. Back again you have to enter the path n. 103 as far as the junction, where, on the right you can see the path to Forcella del Castrade. Keep the main track: in about 30 minutes you will reach the Casèra di Rinbianco. Here you have to turn into the path n. 6.
- Climb to Monte Piana along the "Tourist path": 3 hours (for expert excursionists)
From Carbonin follow the road to Misurina and enter the road on the left which reaches the mount slope. Here you will see a path which climbs to the mount.
- Climb to Pratopiazza and the Picco di Vallandro
Pratopiazza is a wide private saddle between the Picco di Vallandro and the Croda Rossa Group, at the top of the Val di Stolla. The place is reachable from Ponticello di Bràies. From the Vallandro Hut or from Pratopiazza, cross the whole Dürrenstein-Alpe, and then turn right as far as you reach the peak, where a cross has been erected.
- Climb to Col Rotondo from Pratopiazza
From Pratopiazza, go southwards as far as you reach a crest where there is a comfortable path which leads to the peak of the Col Rotondo: opposite you can enjoy the whole Cristallo group.