- Starting from Madonna di Campiglio, enter the SS239 in the direction of Passo di Campo Carlo Magno.
- Go towards Folgarida and continue to Dimaro.
- Enter the SS42, turn right into the SS43 to Cles.
- Turn right and enter the SP73 towards the lake of Tovel.
- Go back as far as Tuenno, turn right and pass Denno.
- Turn left into the SP67, from Campodenno continue along the SP73, after about 1 km turn right into the SS421 as far as Molveno.
- Continue towards Ponte Arche, pass Bleggio Inferiore and then continue towards Tione.
- Enter the SS239 and continue towards Carisolo.
- Turn left to Val di Genova, towards the Nardis waterfalls.
- Go back as far as Carisolo and turn left to Madonna di Campiglio.
From Madonna di Campiglio go uphill to Passo di Campo Carlo Magno (1681 m) from where you can enjoy the wonderful Brenta Dolomites in all their beauty. Then go downhill along the road surrounded by the forests of the Val Meledrio valley and pass Folgarida. Now you have to face a series of hairpin bends which lead to Dimaro (766 m) in Val di Sole.
Continue eastwards among the apple trees (here the well-know Melinda apple is cultivated), and reach to Cles in Val di Non from where, turning right, you enter the road to the Lake of Tovel (1177 m) with a maximum gradient of 12%. The lake is worth a visit since it lies at the foot of the eastern slopes of the Brenta Dolomites and because its waters have a characteristic red colour due to a particular alga.
Then go back to Tuenno and turn right to Denno as far as the junction. Turn right into the narrow road rich in hairpin bends which lead to the lake of Molveno (865 m) where tourists have at their disposal restaurants and camping and where it is possible to go windsurfing.
The lake of Molveno is an excellent point to stop for lunch. Then
continue southwards as far as Ponte Arche, turn towards the lake of
Ponte Pia and, as you pass it, get to Tione.
and enter the Val Rendena continuing as far as Carisolo, where
you have to turn right into the Val di Genova. Along a 17 km road
which goes uphill in an uncontaminated scenery, rich in waterfalls (the
most well-known here is Nardis, 100 metres tall, that you will meet
after 4 km, on the right).
Go back to Carisolo, turn right
and eventually return to Madonna di Campiglio.