- Starting point: Feltre.
- Along the SS 50 drive to Belluno via Santa Giustina and Sedico.
- Continue along the SS 50 to Ponte nelle Alpi.
- Enter the SS 51 to Tai di Cadore via Castello Lavazzo and Ospitale di Cadore.
- Turn left to Venas and Vodo di Cadore.
- Continue along the SS 51 to Cortina d'Ampezzo via San Vito di Cadore.
- Enter the SS 48 and continue to Pocol and Passo Falzarego (2105 m).
- Descend along the SS 48 towards Caprile and Rocca Pietore.
- Continue along the SS 641 to Passo Fedaia (2057 m).
- Descend to Canazei along the SS 641.
- Enter the SS 242 to Passo Sella/Sellajoch.
- Continue along the SS 242 to Plan de Gralba/Kreuzboden and get to Selva Gardena/Wolkestein in Gröden.
The journey starts in Feltre, a little yet nice town on a hill at the western boundaries of the Valbelluna. Axis of the old town centre is Via Mezzaterra that you can reach passing under Porta Imperiale, the gate built in 1400. Along the street you will meet many historical bouilìdings, among which the most important is Salce-Aldovini-Mezzanotte in front of the church of San Giacomo Maggiore. Moreover, Piazza Maggiore with the Pretorio Palace, the Ragione Palace and the overlooking church of San Rocco is certainly worth a visit.
From Feltre drive to Belluno and continue to Cadore until you reach Cortina d'Ampezzo.
Before leaving from Belluno, visit the old town, from Piazza dei Martiri through via Mezzaterra to Piazza Duomo with its Pallazzo dei Rettori, that was the seat of Government of the Serenissima Republic of Venice, and the Cathedral, built in the XVI-XVIII centuries. Few kilometres far from Belluno you will find the Dolomiti Bellunesi National Park.
As you get to Tai di Cadore you can decide to extend your journey
and continue along the SS 51 bis main road to Pieve di Cadore,
home village of Titian Vecellio and seat of the Eyewear Museum. Otherwise you can decide to continue to Venas di Cadore from where,
turning into the SS 347 you get to Cibiana, the hamlet well-known
for its more than 50 murals made by international artists on the
building walls along the village streets.
Back again on the main
road, drive to Cortina d'Ampezzo, inside the Natural Park of Ampezzo
Dolomites, also known as the "Pearl of the Dolomites" for the
magnificent scenery that surrounds its valley and for its international
prestige. In Cortina you cannot miss a visit to the Museum of the
Great War, in the Town Hall, and to the Ciasa de ra Regoles, seat of the
Ampezzo authorities, of the famous Ethnographic Museum of the Regole and
of the Museum of Modern Art Mario Rimoldi.
From Cortina drive towards Passo
Falzarego. From the 2015 metres of the Falzarego Pass, now you have
to descend to the 1453 of Pocol.
From Pocol, through the Passo
Fedaia (2057 m), get to Canazei, an important skiing resort in
the Trentino Dolomites, at the foot of the Sella Group and the Marmolada.
Canazei drive towards Passo Sella/Sellajoch and get to Plan
de Gralba/Kreuzboden and the Gardena Valley.
Gardena/Wolkestein in Gröden is an important winter and summer tourist
resort, the most famous in Alto Adige. The hamlet stretches along 4 km in
the Upper Gardena Valley, between S. Cristina and Plan, in an
impressive Dolomitic Scenery, among the walls of the Puez, the Sella and