- Starting point in Riva del Garda.
- Turn right into the SS45bis, pass Arco, and continue towards Dro along a local route.
- Turn left into the SS45 bis towards Pietramurata.
- Turn left into the SP214 and after about 5 km turn right into the SP84 and continue towards Cavalese.
- Continue along the SP84 towards Lasino. Before getting to the village, turn left into the SP85 in direction Passo Bondone.
- Continue along the SP85, drive past Lagolo, Padergnone and get to the Rifugio alle Viotte.
- After a few metres turn right and continue in direction Aldeno.
- Cross a square and continue along the SP90, after about 5 km turn right into the SP59, then turn left into the SS12, and again right into the SS350 as far as Folgaria.
- Continue along the SS350 for about 7 km and then enter the SS349 as far as Lavarone.
- After about 6 km turn left into the SP133, then enter the SS47 in direction Levico Terme.
- Drive towards Vetriolo Terme along the SP11.
- Turn right into the SP12 and continue for about 10 km, then enter the SP228 on the right and later the SP8 in direction Pergine Valsugana.
- Turn left into the SP66, continue on the right along the SP83 as far as Baselga di Pinè.
- Enter the SP83 and drive along it for about 11 km, turn right into the SP71 for about 15 km. Enter the SS612 and then the SS48 as far as Cavalese.
- Continue along the SS48 as far as Canazei.
- Tip: you can choose a different 64-km-long itinerary from Canazei, passing through Lavazè, Obereggen, Passo Costalunga.
From Riva del Garda, drive northwards along the western Gardesana road number SS45bis and pass the villages of Arco, and Dro and then continue as far as Cavedine, along the SP84.
As you get to Cavedine, continue to Lasino, where you will enter the SP85 to the Passo Bondone that you descend from Vason slope, and then, from here, continue southwards as far as Aldeno and Folgaria.
From this town, well-known for winter tourism, continue along the SS350 as far as Lavarone and Levico Terme, where you can decide to have a break at the lakeside. Again on the road, continue towards Vetriolo Terme and Pergine Valsugana, along the SP48.
As you get to Pergine enter the SP83 and continue along the Cembra Valley as far as Baselga di Pinè, Bedollo, Molina di Fiemme and Cavalese in Val di Fiemme.
From Cavalese drive southwards and enter the SS48 which leads directly to Canazei through the valleys of Fiemme and Fassa, and the villages of Predazzo, Moena, Pozza di Fassa and Campitello di Fassa.
An interesting 64-km-long alternative route leads from Cavalese to Canazei, and offers breathtaking views on the Catinaccio and Latemar ranges, as well as on the nice Carezza Lake. This crystal-clear expanse of water, surrounded by forests, reflects the Latemar range. From Cavalese, climb to Passo Lavazè (main road ss 620); at Novale turn right (take the provincial road sp 76) and get to Obereggen, a well- known ski resort at the foot of the majestic Latemar range. Continue and get to the picturesque village of Ega/Eggen, then take the road that descends from Lavazè. After 1 km you meet the Costalunga road (ss 241), turn right again. Following this way you reach the Carezza Lake then Passo Costalunga. Descend and enter the Dolomites main road ss 48 that leads to Canazei, passing by Pozza di Fassa and Campitello di Fassa.