- Starting point:Corvara.
- Get to Passo Gardena/Grödner Joch along the SS 243.
- Cross Passo Gardena/Grödner Joch (mt. 2121) then drive to Plan de Gralba/Kreuzboden along the SS 243.
- Continue along the SS 242 and cross Passo Sella/Sella Joch (mt. 2213).
- Descend to Canazei along the SS 242.
- From Canazei get to Pozza di Fassa along the SS 48.
- From Pozza di Fassa drive along the SS 48 to Moena.
- Continue along the SS 48 towards Predazzo.
- Drive to Tesero Lago and Molina di Fiemme along the SS 48 then continue to Cembra along the SS 612.
- From Cembra continue along the SS 71 as far as you enter the SS 47 and get to Trento.
- From Trento continue on the s.p. 85 to Monte Bondone (mt. 1650).
- Conitnue to Lavina and Arco along the SS 45 bis.
- Get to Santa Barbara (mt. 1165).
- Descend towards Ronzo Chienis and Villa Lagarina along the SS 47.
- Continue along the SP 20 as far as Rovereto, then enter the SS 12 to Calliano and eventually the SS 350 to get to Folgaria (mt. 1166).
The starting point is in Corvara, an important skiing resort in Pusteria. Those who do not love sport can decide to visit the church of Santa Caterina, dated back to a late gothic period and enriched by fine frescoes.
From Corvara drive towards Canazei through Passo Gardena/Grödner Joch, Plan de Gralba/Kreuzboden and Passo Sella/Sella Joch. The landscape you can see from here includes all the most important peaks of this side of the Alps, from Vetta Piz de Sella (2298 m) to Sasso Lungo.
From Canazei, important skiing resort in the Trentino Dolomites, at the foot of the Sella Group and the Marmolada, enter the Val di Fassa valley. The first stage is in Vigo di Fassa, or Vich in Ladin, which has become the favourite destination of many skiing and mountaineering enthusiasts. Art lovers can visit the Church of Santa Giuliana, built in 1200, and the near Chapel of S. Maurizio, dated back to 1297, the oldest one in the valley.
From here you get to Moena, the village also known as the "Fairy of the Dolomites" for the red colour that covers the surrounding mountains at dawn and sunset. The Church of San Vigilio, built in the XII century, and the near frescoed church of San Volfango testimony the Ladin origin of this village, and the tradition of the wooden containers lives on in the Pinter Workshop, i.e. the cooper's workshop.
The next stage is in Predazzo in Val di Fiemme. The village is also
known as the "Geological Garden of the Alps " for the many students and
researchers that come here from all over the world to analyse the
crystallization phenomena of the sedimentary and volcanic stones. The
Museum of Geology and Ethnology is worth a visit, and you should also
walk along the streets of the old city centre, among the frescoed
buildings and the gothic portals.
Along the road to Trento you will
meet the towns of Tesero Lago, Molina di Fiemme and Cembra.
Particularly interesting is Tesero, where you can visit the XVI
century Chapel of San Rocco, the gothic parish church of San Eliseo,
dated back to the XV century, and buy local arts and crafts objects,
such as furniture, sculptures and musical instruments carved following
an ancient tradition. In Cembra you must absolutely visit the gothic
Church of San Pietro and the Pieve dell'Assunta.
Again on the road,
from here you get to Trento, which is worth a visit. In fact you can
enter the public walks of the old town centre as far as the Cathedral or
the Buonconsiglio castle, the old seat of the famous Council of Trent
and, nowadays, of many museums.
From Trento continue towards Mount
Bondone, the mountain of Trento. Here nature lovers will find very
interesting walks in Natural Integral Reserve and in the Alpine Botanic
Garden, where more than 2000 species of plants and flowers from the five
From Mount Bondone descend to Lasina and Arco
and then climb again to S.Barbara at 1165 m. Arco is certainly
worth a visit. This village had been an important tourism resort in the
From Santa Barbara drive downhill towards Ronzo-Chienis
and Villa Lgarina until you get to the destination of this
itinerary: Folgaria, in the plateau by the same name crossed by meadows,
pastures and beech and fir forests, the ideal destination for all those
who desire to pass a holiday far from the stress of city life.