- Itinerary description: Itinerary which allows to reach the highest Rifugio of the central-eastern Alps at the foot of Monte Vioz (3645 m.) from where you can enjoy a wonderful view on Forni glacier.
- Area: Gruppo Cevedale; Stelvio National Park
- Starting point and Arrival: Peio Fonti 1392 m. - Peio Paese 1579 m.
- Uphill difference in height: 2253 m.
- Downhill difference in height : 2066 m.
- Duration: 2 days
First stage: FromPeio Fonti go to Rifugio Scoiattolo by cableway, and from here to Rifugio Doss dei Gembri, 2300 m, by chair lift. Now enter the path n. 105 beneath the panoramic Cima Vioz. Continue along the ridge, pass Dente del Vioz and go uphill to Rifugio Mantova, where you will overnight.
Second stage: Run the few metres which separate you from Monte Vioz peak (15 minutes), through the glacier. Here you can enjoy a suggestive panorama on Forni glacier with a view on all its "13 peaks", and, in the distance, if the day is sunny and clear, the Adamello and the Presanella. Then you descend again to Rifugio Mantova al Vioz, Rifugio Doss dei Gembri and eventually to Peio Paese through the path n. 105.