- Itinerary description: Comfortable climb to Passo di Rabbi, old connecting route among the Trentino and Alto Adige valleys, and starting point of the crossing to Rifugio Dorigoni.
- Area: Stelvio National Park; Val di Rabbi-Val d'Ultimo
- Starting point and Arrival: Piazzola 1315 m. - S. Gertrude Val d'Ultimo (BZ) 1519 m.
- Uphill difference in height: 1135 m.
- Downhill difference in height : 930 m.
- Duration : 2 days
First stage: From Piazzola hamlet go uphill to Cavallar, where you will enter the path n. 108. Pass Malga Paludè/Caldesa Bassa (1832 m) and Malga Paludè/Caldesa Alta, or climb the steep valley of Rio Val Lago Corvo to the homonymous Rifugio, where you will overnight. It would be worth it a visit to the nearby lakes "Laghi Corvo", in which waters the rare "Alpine salmerino" lives.
Second stage: From Rifugio Lago Corvo, continue along the path n. 108, to the near Passo di Rabbi at 2450 m. From here go downhill the Valle del Rio Montechiesa, along the path n. 108, till you reach S. Gertrude in Val d'Ultimo (BZ) hamlet, at 1519 m. The return can be done along the outward journey (in this case you must add one more day with about 5 or 6 hours walk) or by public means of transport (you will reach the starting point in about two hours) via S. Valburga, Proves, Livo, Mostizzolo and then Val di Sole, or via S. Gertrude, Merano, Passo Palade, Fondo, Mostizzolo - Val di Sole.